Monday, April 5, 2010

Sunday Funday

Totally forgot to post on Sunday, so here goes:

After a whole night of shameless indulgence, I decided to wipe the slate clean and head on over to Napa to celebrate my dear ol' friend Wendy's 27th birthday.


The weather was cold, dismal and seriously depressing.  We headed out at 10:45am and made our very first stop at my favorite, McDonald's :)

I came with the intention of purchasing an ice coffee 
[med ice coffee w/sugar free vanilla syrup]


But I couldn't resist leaving with this:

McChicken [360 cal]

I ate it, bunless.


With our tummies full and our hearts content [mine anyways], off to Napa we go!

First stop: Bouchon Bakery

While all my friends decided to go with the savory Cuban sandwich, I regretfully chose the $8 endive salad, complimented with generous chunks of bleu cheese and walnut vinaigrette.  Feeling slightly unsettled with my decision, I opted to add their signature brownie to my meal.  

Now all is right in the world.


$50 Cave Tour included: 


Wine tastings from many different barrels, equivalent to about 3/4 of a full glass TOTAL


Crisp, cheesy pizza with delicious sausages littered on top


 An informative [snore] tour  - our guide sucked.
CHEESE
and more CHEESE
crackers
bread
Del Dotto exclusive Olive Oil
Bitter Chocolate
Port
Thinly-sliced Proscuitto + hard salami


Last Stop: Miyozen [Emeryville]

Spicy Tuna Salad


Pan-fried Gyoza - always a crowd favorite.


Japanese Fried Chicken


Sashimi Platter : not as fresh as I would have liked.


Albacore Tataki


Spider Roll + Philly Roll


Happy Birthday Wendy!

A beautiful Cheesecake, courtesy of Cheesecake Factory 


And a very happy birthday girl ;) holding my gift + hand-written card!


Because I over ate,  I felt the need to go to the gym.  Tired and full, I shlepped my way there.

Workout of the day: 1 hr 15 min
4 min running on treadmill [0 incline, 6.2 - 6.4 speed]
15 min walking on treadmill [6.5 incline, 4.4 speed]
56 min [stretching, abs, arms, light weights 5 - 8 lbs]

i still feel fatty after my workout, great. JUST GREAT.

Late night snack:

Garlic flavored triscuits

1 orange

HAHA, I couldn't resist!







2 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!! I wanna have a Sunday Funday now! That sounds like so much fun and I love finger foods and samples of things...it's fun to try new things. But I don't know about the fish... icky! Everyone deserves some indulgence!

    ReplyDelete