Tuesday, April 27, 2010

scales can be evil, but today it loves me

tuesday morning
4/27/2010
8:15am

current weight: 111.8

weighing yourself daily can be dispiriting indicators of progress and can compel you to forfeit entirely to a day filled with unnecessary exorbitant indulgences that may have been easily avoidable if you treated yourself once in awhile.

something i should apply to my strict weekday diet to refrain from shamefully devouring 3 paulette macarons or 4 different slices of cake in one sitting.  

there's no point to eating healthy during the week if you're overindulging over the weekend. those 2 days are enough to throw you off your whole week and it takes about that time to get back into the shape you were prior to friday and by then, the weekend has arrived.  it is nothing but a vicious cycle of eating.

gotta run, update later!

--- 8:55pm update ---

i've been pretty on track today in terms of my eating but then again, it's only tuesday, no need to pat my back just yet.

food intake for the day:

starbucks coffee, reduced fat milk + splenda

my trusty morning potassium-filled banana + luna mini 
[my only form of sugar besides fruits]


taco tuesday is baccccck!
my only guiltless allotment of the day:
carne asada street taco


my "real" lunch
2 chicken wings
sweet carrots
boiled broccoli


dried plums
20 cal each


my mom's version of chop suey
boiled edamame
diced tofu
carrots
chicken bits
pork
various greens
sriracha
orange


5 frozen chicken nuggets
40 cal each


workout of the day: 1 hr 45 min
21 min running on treadmill [0.0 incline, speed 6.2 - 6.5]
12 min walking on treadmill [0.0 incline, speed 4.4]
total of 3.1 miles = burned 332 cal
1 hr 12 min [stretching, abs, obliques, arms]
- 4 sets of 15 [left side crunch]
- 4 sets of 15 [right side crunch]
- 4 sets of 8 [back crunch]
- 3 sets of 12 [pushups - arms]
- 4 sets of 15 [x8 different types of ab workouts tackling front, sides + lower abs]

onto the next.

 

3 comments:

  1. I used to have this problem, so I started weighing myself only once a week, on Monday morning, and it has completely changed my weekend eating habits. I still sneak a peek at the scale here and there, but I am not as obsessed with the number as I used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh almost every day too. Just out of curiousity but I only officially weigh on Mondays and actually record that weight in my tracker. What sucks is when I weighed less before Monday and on Monday I the lbs have gone up. yeah sucks....

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm trying to avoid doing it but it's a bad habit i have every morning...sometimes i even weight myself 2-3 times a day :( how to get myself to change is the challenge now. boo.

    ReplyDelete