Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wednesday
3/31/2010
8:07am

Current Weight: 111.4

I'm only 2.4 pounds away from my weekly goal of 109 lbs.  Why is it that everytime I'm this close, I have a dinner scheduled that very night that threatens to destroy all my hard work?  Immediately after work tonight, I'm off to Han II Kwan for some delectable Korean BBQ.  Their cuisine features many caloric sauces, sweet grilled BBQ meats, overly-drenched starchy carb items, seemingly healthy side dishes that add up, and the list goes on.

EVERYTHING is fattening unless I'm planning on sitting there and chewing bean sprouts and cucumbers all night :(

The goal after dining is to hop over to 24 HR Fitness Gym in the Marina district for their private sauna located in the women's locker room [so I can avoid creepy men - who can't stop staring at any woman with boobs - not that I have any - ugh]. Hopefully it'll aid me in losing another pound, or two. 

Off to work, bye!

--- 10:19pm Update --- 

Today has been a seriously LONG and drawn out day.  I arrived at the restaurant earlier than expected and waited an excruciating 30 minutes for the rest of my family to arrive, no thanks to the torturous and unforgiving rain.  The meal itself was quite wonderful, filled with flavorful and savory Kalbi + bul-go-gi, unlimited refills on their tasty little side dishes, succulent squid sauteed with vegetables in their sweet and spicy sauce, hot tofu soup, tantalizing beef bi bim bap, grilled mackerel with a slightest hint of fresh lemon and chewy jap-chae.  I had the intention of only eating a few bites but those "few bites" turned into 3 plates :/  When faced with delicious Korean food, how can one say no?

Food intake for the day:

Breakfast: Starbucks, reduced-fat milk, Splenda

Snack: one small banana + Maui onion + garlic mac nuts

Lunch: Tofu, shrimp, scallops, pork, baby bok choy, 1 orange + 2 chicken nuggets [nuggets were MIA - in my tummy already]


Snack:  Maui onion + garlic mac nuts

Dinner: just a few I'd like to share

Korean Ban Chan: "complimentary" side dishes

Squid sauteed w/vegetables 


Beef Bi Bim Bap




Spicy Tofu Soup




Jap-Chae





I didn't get to take any pictures [except one] so I had to steal them off the net, ghetto, I know.

Since I had such a fulfilling dinner, working out was definitely out of the question, however, I did make it to the gym to get in a quicky Sauna session.

Refreshed and dehydrated, I left feeling quite satisfied until I came home and weighed myself.  

I hate Korean food.  

Excuse me while I go cry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment